Welcome to DBHEI (IUS Asia)
Don Bosco Higher Education India( DBHEI) is a separate body, carved out of the IUS- Istituto Universitatis Salesianum, Rome, Italy, the Salesian World Head Quarters, to attend to the needs of the Higher Education Institutions in the South Asia Region. There are 44 institutions belonging to 12 Provinces of the South Asia Region. The type of higher education institutions include: University, Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges, Agricultural colleges, Arts and Science Colleges, Colleges of Education, Special institutes like printing, media, etc. There are about 30,000 students studying and getting trained through these institutions, every year.
The DBHEI society is on the way to getting itself registered as a society. It is a unit of the Don Bosco Youth Animation India- DBYA, which is a unit of the SPCSA, whose President is Rev. Fr. Maria Arokiam Kanaga, SDB, the regional of South Asia. The Vice President is the Secretary of DBYA, Rev Fr Maria Charles SDB
Through conferences and exchange programs, DBHEI seeks to encourage member institutions in the pursuit of their respective missions: supporting those who lead, equipping those who teach, and enabling those who learn. DBHEI pursues its mission by creating and nourishing sustaining conversations that lead to enhanced personal and professional development and by fostering a community, which facilitates effective consortium collaboration.
- Ensure an on-going and deep reflection on the identity and mission of the Salesian presence in the field of higher education.
- Ensure in each institution an on-going process of reflection and evaluation of the criteria, mechanisms of management of academic structures to be innovative and consistent with the educational and pastoral purpose that characterizes the identity and mission of each DB-HEI institution.
- Guarantee in each institution an active salesian presence, both quantitative and qualitative, made up of religious and lay collaborators, capable of directing and animating a project at cultural, scientific, academic and pastoral level.
- Ensure the institutional strength of each DB-HEI institution and the quality of its educational programmes so that it stays relevant to the integral formation of the young and to the ever changing needs of society.
- Ensure an efficient economical and financial management of each DB-HEI institution to promote sustainable self-reliance while at the same time paying special attention to underprivileged youth.
- Guarantee the quality formation of its students within a university model inspired by the principles of the preventive system of Don Bosco ensuring their personal and professional growth, and their formation to be committed and productive citizens of the country.
- Promote a social and cultural impact through academic activity in every DB-HEI institution. It shall strive to contribute to better understanding of the social situation and its transformation through study and research. In this endeavour, it shall concentrate especially on those aspects that concern the living conditions of the young and care for the marginalised.
- Continue to work on strengthening the DB-HEI network and the development of synergy between the DB-HEI institutions and other such institutions within the larger society through active involvement and participation.
- Continue to work consistently on strengthening the DB-HEI network through the structures of government of the Provinces.
- Explore and implement training cum practice projects towards employability skills and generation of fund for the same through different agencies.
- Promote research, publication and extension activities in each of DB-HEI institution through generation of funds from state, national and international groups.
DBHEI organized annual conferences and its annual General Body meetings in the past few years. The meetings were held in major cities, like Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Panjim, and the last one was in New Delhi. The themes of the conferences include the involvement of the laity in the higher education, the employability skills of the graduates, organizational matters and set up of the DBHEI, the Campus Culture and Campus Ministry.
It proposes to organize management training programmes for the officials, Teaching staff, continue to organize annual conferences at the regional and National levels, training and Leadership programmes for the students etc.
|2015||October||New Delhi Meet|
Don Bosco Higher Education India( DBHEI) is a newly formed body, carved out of the IUS-
Don Bosco Higher Education India( DBHEI) is a separate body, carved out of the IUS- Istituto Universitatis Salesianum, Rome, Italy, the Salesian World Head Quarters, to attend to the needs of the Higher Education Institutions in the South Asia Region